Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kehpri

Looking for a new PC

Guest Kehpri

Hi all!

My lap top's mother board is fried...once again. :mad: I am therefore looking into buying a new computer, a desk top this time. I am not interested/ready for a Mac. Any of you have any suggestion regarding brand and such? Any of you familliar with the Alienware products? Thanks for your input!

Kehpri

Guest Blackcrimson

give me your price range ........ and if you'd like to build it yourself ( ITS FUN!!!)

Guest Kehpri

Hmmm...build it myself as in connecting the wires and stuff? No way! I'll crew it up. I was thinking in the range of 2-2 500$

Guest Blackcrimson

i can tell you that you can probably make that same computer for about $1100 if you build it =P. With $1100 you can get an i7 1360 socket with 6 GB triple channel memory with ....... _______ graphics card (i don't know how much you really want to spend) with a computer caste & 750 W power supply.

i7: ~$230 - 300

mobo: 200

memory: 200

graphics card: 200-300

case:50

Power supply: 80

Guest Blackcrimson

but ....... if you don't want to build it ...... u can always just make one of those companies do it for you and you can still customize it

Guest Smartbomb865

i second that Nighthorror. I got mine from ibuypower.com 2 years ago. Paid about $1500 for mine with all the bells and whistles and its awesome.

Guest Satsi

Newegg.com is your best friend, if you need any help figuring out what you need to make a solid PC hit me up in vetn I can hook you up. and the best thing is if you buy the parts then pay someone to put it together you'll save like 700 bucks and get a great PC for less then 1000.

Guest Malquiant

I second Satsi, never buy a premade desktop, you got so much more for your money if you build it yourself. I am leary about Ibuypower, but if you don't want to fiddle with putting it together yourself go with them.

Guest Chrizar

I spent less thatn 500 and got everything i needed to make a nice pc.

Guest Kehpri

So here is what I was thinking about getting. You guys can tell me what is overkill or needs to be upgraded. I want a machine that will anihilate lags during raids (such as during Marrowgar close to back wall and Sindragosa's pulling ability).

Processor: Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7 930 Quad Core Processor (3.36GHz, 8MB Cache)

Operating system: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Video card: Dual 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 CrossfireX™ Enabled

RAM: 6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3

Hard drive: 500GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD

Media Reader: Alienware® 19-in-1 Media Card Reader

Optical drive: Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Gaming Network Card: Killer™ 2100 Gaming Network Card

Sound card: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Waiting for your feed back!

Guest Blackcrimson

do you need a media reader and when you say dual for ur video card ........ you have 2 cards???

Guest Chrizar

I would go with an amd 965 x4 black edition processor. it's 3.4ghz and OC to 4.0. I can't wait to test my new system in raid sunday. I am also running 1600 triple channel memeory 6gb worth.

Guest Blackcrimson

i've been looking at a i7 930 for months ..... it's a good choice if you want to stay on the intel side .. haven't built an amd comp yet (one day i will) if you want to stay with intel then that setup is pretty decent (excluding what i was asking from above ^^).

Guest Kehpri
do you need a media reader and when you say dual for ur video card ........ you have 2 cards???

Well I don't even know exactly what a media card reader is but it is only 20$ lol

As far as the dual video card goes, it is less expensive than a single one... I am not sure I understand that one either.

Guest Blackcrimson

i give you the OK flag then i guess

Guest Kehpri

My new computer has been ordered! WOOT!!! Can't wait! It is going to be so much better than my laptop. No more of being slapped on the butt by Sindragosa's arcane explosion or lags on Marrowgar because I am too close to the frozen back wall! Hehe!

Guest Blackcrimson

hehehe, i'm glad man ......... desktops in general, even a shitty one is always a nice change from a laptop (OMG AN ACTUAL GRAPHICS CARD). Hope to see you soon

Guest Fenixdown

You know Black, you could always, you know, check what sort of graphics card is in the laptop before you buy it. Not every laptop has the crappy Intel Integrated Graphics boards. Mine has ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570.

Guest Blackcrimson

lol ........ that, or i'm just EXTREMELY bias toward desktops. I know laptops can give many desktops a run for their money, but I think it's because I enjoy the amount of freedom that a desktop PC offers. Freedom as in hardware, not that you can run around with a desktop like you can with a laptop.

Guest Kehpri

WOW!!! Just WOW!!! Got my new PC and it is AWESOME! Now I just have to spend the day reinstalling Wow, its patches, vent and all my addons... Yay!