Guest Llamda

How to login to Mumble

Guest Llamda

Step-By-Step instructions for those that find logging into Mumble like Rocket Science:

1) You can grab the latest stable Mumble release (1.2.3) from the official site on SourceForge here:

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

2) Install it.

3) Launch Mumble and you'll see a server connect screen. Hit the 'Add New' button.

Label: mumble.divideguild.net

Server: mumble.divideguild.net

Port: 64738

Username:

Don't worry about the password.

Once you're done that, click 'OK'. It will add the connection. Right-click on mumble.divideguild.net connection and edit the connection and enter in the password. Hit ok and try to connect.

4. Goto menu at top 'Configure->Settings'. Click on the 'advanced' checkbox at bottom of tree. In audio input, turn up your amplifcation. Goto 'Shortcuts' in tree on left and add push-to-talk shortcut and assign a bind key.

Done. Later on you can use the audio wizard to fine tune your audio settings for mumble.

Note: If it says wrong password or that the server disconnected you, right click on connection and edit it and put in the information over again. If the issues persists, change your login name.

To configure audio, go to 'Configure->Settings' and run the audio wizard. Make sure you set your audio input and output to the correct devices so you can hear us and can talk:)

Edited by Llamda

Guest kelipso

but can u give instructions as to maing a bind with ppl?.

Guest kelipso

so i had to blow away my computer cuz i was stupid and messed with some settings and the only way i could connect to mumble is if i changed my name i loged in as. it was kelipso. now its kelipsoo. why does it force me to change my username?. and or how do i get it back?.

its rather anoying to look at.

Guest Llamda

can delete your cert under your old name so you can re-register the name on your new computer.

I removed your old user so you should be able to connect as kelipso now. When a user gets registered it saves their cert so no one else can steal the name from you.

Can you delete therdin off of there to Elder? I have been logging in as therdins, but dont really give a shit either way. Just if you have time :p

Guest kelipso

thx elder. ill change it when i get home. you can delete kelipsoo as ell being it will no longer be used.

Guest Llamda

updated mumble server to new address: mumble.divideguild.net