Sign in to follow this  
Guest Velsia

Gaming Rigs

Guest Velsia

Im curious on what other people play on, Im currently playing on the first computer i've ever put together, and looking to expand on it (with my financial aid money lol).

I fell in love with the NZXT Phantom case T_T ive been told only girls set up rigs with lights, i think it looks cool >_> idk what the big deal is.

Nothing fancy, costed me about $600 (Including Windows 7 purchase), AMD Athlon II dual core, Radeon HD 5770 i believe, 500GB Hard Drive, 2Gb DDR3 Ram x2, ive been using the stock cpu cooler T_T which ive read isnt recommended but money was tight. Left side and top 200mm fan, front and rear 140mm fans, right side 2 120mm fans. Only the front and left side fans light up though. I stuck in an LED strip inside the rig though ^^; heh

IMG_00545.jpg

Learned some cable management :)

IMG_00546.jpg

IMG_00549.jpg

IMG_00552.jpg

Guest Xeb

If I post a picture of Llamda in here.. will that count?

Guest Polyman

Here's some stuff I just copy/pasted from the Cyberpower PC website where I bought this. I had a lot of money to spend after a long summer internship and it's been working really great for me. Oh, and I went with the green light and I also think it's pretty cool.

Mega Infinity 6000 Lightning

CAS: Apevia X-Trooper Junior LED Light Mid-Tower Case w/ Side Window [-6] (Green LED Light Color [+0])

CD: Asus BC-12B1ST 12X Blu-Ray Combo DVDRW Drive [+0] (BLACK COLOR)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]

FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

HDD: 750GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-5] (Single Hard Drive)

MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair Dominator)

MONITOR: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VH242H LCD w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI [+175]

MOTHERBOARD: * (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58A-GD45 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, eSATA, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, IEEE1394a, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

MULTIVIEW: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor [+0]

NETWORK: Killer Xeno Pro Gigabit High Speed Online Gaming PCI Network Interface Card [+0]

POWERSUPPLY: 950 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply [+79]

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6750 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+65] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

Guest Dythan

Nice rigs o.o... mine isnt anything special so I got nothing to really post

Guest Polyman

Like 1,200. It was some Back to School special thing for college kids and most of the stuff was like upgraded for free or discounted. Like I said though, I spent all summer working a paid internship and just had nothing else to spend it on lol.

And if you were here before, you'd know why I wanted a badass computer so badly...just check my in-game guild comment.

Guest Clezzy

Pulling in 3, 2, 1 no- Shit Poly DC'd. "IT'S COOL GUYS I'M BACK IN" *3 minutes later* Shit Poly DC'd.

Now imagine that every. Single. Raid night.

Guest Xeb

Alright I'm back at home and as I promised I've got some pictures, and some videos to show of my gaming rig and setup :D

The full specs are as follows:

Corsair 800D Case

Intel Core i5-2500k OC'd to 4.8GHz

Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler with 4 Panaflo fans in push/pull

16GB G.Skill 2134MHz DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard

3-way SLI EVGA GTX 480s OC'd to 850 Core / 4400 Memory Clock

2x Crucial C300 128GB SSDs in Raid 0

Antec High Current Pro Gold 1200w PSU

Green Cathodes :3

And here are some pics!

The case is massive...

Computer 01.jpg

With side door on.

Computer 02.jpg

With side door off. As you can see, it's very green.

Computer 04.jpg

3-Way SLI is not for the faint of heart.

Computer 03.jpg

And this is what my gaming desk looks like. My shitty phone camera can't take a good picture of screens but you get the idea.

Computer 05.jpg

And here are a couple videos!

This first one shows how loud the computer is with all the fans running at max (basically anytime I'm gaming). It's... fairly loud, the iPhone mic doesn't really pick it all up:

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click
to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

And just so you get an idea of what 3 screen WoW is like I added this video too:

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click
to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Guest Undeadmage

2011-11-08 19.48.28.jpg

topah.jpg

openul.jpg

20111108165059.jpg

2011-11-08 19.48.08.jpg

Edited by Undeadmage

Guest Dythan

Ok first Xeb holy crap awesome setup o.o you better raid with all those screens too lol

second Udm nice pc man I see that gears emblem there! I see it!

Udm, your video card is in the incorrect slot. When using a single card, you should put it in the first pci-e 16x slot since the third and sometimes the second slot does not run at full speed.

Guest Undeadmage

yeah...here's the problem I ran into with that. it doesn't fully seat when placed in the first slot. see the little heatsink on the above right, it sticks up too high.

I find it hard to believe Asus designed a mobo that doesnt allow a reference video card to not fit on its first video slot. Whats the model number on the motherboard?

Guest Xeb
Udm, your video card is in the incorrect slot. When using a single card, you should put it in the first pci-e 16x slot since the third and sometimes the second slot does not run at full speed.

True, but even 5xx gen Fermi cards struggle to fully saturate an 8x PCIE 2.0 Slot.. While I don't disagree at all that it should be in the top slot, he isn't really losing all that much performance technically.

UDM, I have heard countless complaints about the poor board design regarding that top PCIE slot on the Crosshair Formula.. :/

Guest Undeadmage

The RoG Crosshair Formula board is a very nice board, don't get me wrong. But as you can see when you cram a long ass video card such as the Radeon HD 6950, then you see where improvements could be made on the layout.

edit:

Elder, I just now switched slots and was able to get the card to seat properly. Slightly better increase. Thanks.

Edited by Undeadmage

Guest Vexee

I have an old video card nvidia gtx 8800-- it went out on me a couple of weeks ago. this weekend i baked it and put back in my comp. works great again! my rig is old but video quality is still great :D

Guest Undeadmage

Actually Elder...after restart I'm sitting in Org with 211-250 fps, so the slot switch definitely helped. Thanks.

Clipboard01.jpg

Guest Xeb
Actually Elder...after restart I'm sitting in Org with 211-250 fps, so the slot switch definitely helped. Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]631[/ATTACH]

If you're getting that much of a performance increase, then chances are you had that card in the 4x PCIE slot.. in which case yes it would have been tremendously bottlenecked. good stuff :D

Guest Undeadmage

and of course how could I forget my alternate gaming monitor:

295838_524199583701_103000888_30466876_1115964575_n.jpg

I play with:

Intel Core i7-3930K 3.8 ghz

ASUS P9X79 PRO LGA 2011 MOBO

128gig SSD SATA III primary drive (1TB HDD secondary)

16gig ripjaw 1800 mem

GeForce GTX 590 3072MB GDDR5 - x3 SLI (a recent present :D )

primary monitor is a samsung 27" LED 6 series

Guest Xeb
GeForce GTX 590 3072MB GDDR5 - x3 SLI

I'm assuming by this you meant GTX 580 3072MB in x3 SLI since the 590s are dual-GF110 cards and as such are only capable of 2-way or 4-way SLI.. And having 3 physical cards would mean 6-way SLI which doesn't exist yet.. ;)

Either way though... damn you! I sooooo wanted to splurge and pick up 3 of the EVGA 580 3072MB cards for myself when I was putting together my recent rig... but the $2200 price tag made me have second thoughts... Sigh.

PS: IF you're telling me what you have is a 27" Samsung LED it means you're only running 1920x1080 resolution.............!! I am very disappoint! At that resolution even your i7 is not going to be any match for those cards.. They are most likely sitting there totally bottlenecked... (GTX 5xx cards are greedy) If you beefed up your CPU / over clocked it to unleash the full power of those cards I wouldn't be surprised if you could get at an unreasonable amount of FPS (400-500) at max graphics without breaking a sweat... If you ever upgrade any part of your setup the first thing I would change is get rid of that monitor and get yourself either a 3 monitor setup like I have or pick up a 2560x1600 IPS Monitor so you can enjoy the eye candy your graphics cards are more than capable of running.

Also, you didn't specify what PSU you're running but I very much hope its at least 1200w since those cards would be very unhappy with anything less than that.

lol ya they are 580's not 590s (I should really proof read before hitting post)

the CPU is overclocked (CORSAIR H100 water cooled system), I just didn't state in my post that I had done it, gave the factory specs.

the monitor is what I use right now, as my Dell 3007wfp monitor has not arrived just yet :(

and i'm pretty sure if i had less then 1200w PS my system would crash I use a Thermaltake TP-1500M PS, I probably could have gotten away with 1200w but went a little more cause I could.