Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jpv

FPS issues?

Guest Jpv

Just made my own computer consisting of the following.

MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboard, Z87-G45 GAMING

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5

Patriot 8 DDR3 1866 Extreme Performance Viper 3 Series Kit

Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM Hard drive

Intel Core i7-4770 Quad-Core Desktop Processor

I currently run in fair with some modifications and i usually get 20-30 fps, which is absolutely balls. Is there a reason i'm not running ultra with 60 fps? Please halp D;

Guest Jpv

i haven't updated my cards drivers for about a month or so, but that would not decrease my fps sooo heavily.

Guest Stom

Maybe its just tired of you being our ur back or off a platform.

Guest Stom

Crus basically gave you the best answer we could give you with the information you gave us.

x64 or x386 OS

Actual processor speed (windows+R, type cmd, enter, type system info, look at line with processor)

Total physical memory (^)

Honestly all memory info from (^)

Guest Clezzy

Start > Run > dxdiag if you don't know how to do that^

Guest Jpv

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPU's), ~ 3.4GHz

Ram: 8192MB RAM

Hard drive: 2 TB

first off install the nvidia experience software, and it will alert you to new updates for your card, makes it easier to remember.

second make sure you installed the card in the right pci-e slot. for single card setups there is a correct pci-e slot and, depending on your mobo, up to 3 others that are wrong.

run your bios and make sure your ram is running at the correct speed. it maybe defaulting to a lower mhz and causing a little bit of a bottle neck.

Your 770 should be able to run wow at ultra settings @ 2560x1440 rez without it dropped below 50fps in raid.

Guest Jpv

i don't think its my ram, that should be working just fine, and my mobo has 2 slots for video cards, the other slot i have a sound card in it, ill try to put the card in a different pci slot, and if it really should be running it at that, something is reallllllllly fucked up. i just upgraded from a 570 and i notice not a bit of a difference.

Guest Inzi

Jpv... do you have the power cables attached to your graphics card? Both plugs?

Guest Dokes
Jpv... do you have the power cables attached to your graphics card? Both plugs?

Most of the newer mobo's can detect when someone fails to connect the power cables to their PCI-E card, and wont post until they do so. Still, ya never know. ;)

If none of this resolves your issue, you can stress test your gpu. http://www.ocbase.com/ has some software that will do it for you. look up your cards GPU stress test results, and then use the software you download to repeat the test. If your GPU under performs by a huge degree you may have a bad GPU

Guest Dokes

This is directly from Nvidia's website: "Minimum Recommended System Power (W) 600 W"

Pretty sure you said you are running a 550w bronze PSU (which several of us immediately agreed was probably the root cause). I would upgrade that shit pronto! Go with a 750-800 silver/gold PSU just to be safe.

Guest Dokes

I'd say even a 620 is cutting it close though. Not sure if your PSU is 620 peak or RMS, but for the sake of simplicity, lets say it is RMS. Say somewhere down the road, your PSU goes just 5% out of tolerance. You would now be sitting below the minimum recommended wattage.

You mentioned having an extra PSU, which had a higher wattage. May as well install it, and see how things go.

Guest Jpv

My other one from my last computer is a 800W

I'm also reading that you don't need more than 600W's on some forums/posts.

Edited by Jpv

Guest chasestem

I run upwards of 100 fps with x2 550 cards so you should definitely be cranking higher fps I always turn my shadows off though and if your unsure the GeForce experience as posted above will let you setup settings optimally per game just find that function and run it as it suggests. I would imagine a new video card like that would run everything on ultra at over 60 fps...